8/27/09

Top Ten Jukebox Jams of the '00s

As we take our second step on this little "Best Of" project, it's my turn to list my favorite tunes of the past decade. I began this decade as a fresh-faced whipper snapper of 11 and I'm going to exit it as a grizzled barfly aged 21 years.
So, I thought, what better way to pay tribute to the jams of the new millennium by giving the nod to the ten songs I would most likely enjoy hearing on my favorite watering hole's jukebox?
This list doesn't take into account these song's critical acclaim, their impact on music, or even if they're good or not. All I considered was one question: when I only have one dollar left, what do I put on?

10) Such Great Heights- The Postal Service
9) Icky Thump- The White Stripes
8) The Seed 2.0- The Roots
7) Summertime Clothes- Animal Collective
6) Molly's Chambers- Kings of Leon
5) Reptilia- The Strokes
4) The Way We Get By- Spoon
3) A-Punk- Vampire Weekend
2) To Be Young- Ryan Adams
1) 99 Problems- Jay-Z

Suck on that, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment