8/29/09

Pistol Pete's Top Ten Tracks of the 2000s

Here is my list. My favorite songs of the decade. GO.

10.Sum 41- Fat Lip- Whenever this song blast through the speakers, I can’t resist the urge to turn back into a wannabe hardcore badass. To say it is a guilty pleasure is an understatement. I head bang I scream and basically lose my shit. “But what would you expect with a conscience so small"

9.UGK featuring Outkast- Int. Players Anthem- Andre 3000 injects a style and personality into this track, which along with brilliant lyrics and its old school beat make it legendary. “I know you ain’t a pimp but pimp remember what I taught ya”

8.Animal Collective- Fireworks- This crazy group’s ability to work so many different sounds into a cohesive beat amazes me all the time. Fireworks is like a sound track of my weirdest and wildest dreams. “Now it's day and I've been trying to get that taste off my tongue”

7.Kanye West- Through the Wire- This song was the first I heard of the now beloved Mr. West. This track, recorded after an accident that almost ended his career before it started, is the definition of raw and I love every bit of it. “Unbreakable what you think they call me Mr. Glass”

6.The Decemberists- Los Angeles Im Yours-From the day I heard this song it has stuck with me. This is not their best song but its strange lyrics and airy melody make me oddly happy. “An oceans garbled vomit on the shore, Los Angeles, Im yours”

5.The Roots featuring Cody Chestnut- The Seed 2.0- The Seed 2.0, a remix to Cody Chesnutts original sexy jam. This is the definition of The Roots rap/rock style with Cody Chesnutt’s cocky playa lyrics making this an instant classic. "If Mary drops my baby girl tonight, Ima name her rock and roll."

4.Arcade Fire- Wake Up- I love Arcade Fire. Nostalgia is the one word that comes to mind when I think of this song. The fact that that it is in the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are only helps its case. Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.”

3.Daft Punk- One More Time- Highest Energy Song I have ever heard bar none. Daft opened the door for electronic music to enter the popular scene and this song helped cement their legacy. Celebrate and dance are free

2.Elliot Smith Twilight- Elliot Smith is my favorite artist of this generation. I owe alejandropablo big time for introducing to this greatness. “Because your candle burns too bright, I almost forgot it was twilight.”

1. Dr Dre- Next Episode- The greatest rap song in history. Dr Dre’s sick beat, Snoops smooth flow, and Timbalands…Hold Ups. I feel like a man who has brought the world the likes of Eminem and 50 cent deserves the number one spot. “Takin chances while we dancin in the party fo' sho', Slip my hoe a forty-fo' and she got in the back do'


Hope you enjoyed. Music over Bitches

No comments:

Post a Comment